Saturday, August 15, 2009

Happy again

Hello. I'm feeling happy again. It's been almost two weeks since THE MOVE, and I know my life is good even without the grandchildren here in St. Louis. My world had been wrapped up with them for 3 years now, and I loved every minute of it. I wouldn't trade it for the world, would do it again in a heartbeat, wish they were still here and I was still babysitting! But...I always try to be positive about any situation. So...I have a little time for myself now. I don't get teary or sad too often...just lately when I'm talking about seeing them on the webcam. I get a little choked up about that, but my friends understand and are so supportive. Or I get a bit sad when I hear about my family or friends and their grandkids here in town. That's hard. I'm happy for them, but jealous at the same time. Do you understand those feelings?

Jim and I are planning a couple of trips - 1) to see Joe and Adrianne - yeah! 2) to my sister and brother-in-laws with my parents, and then on to see the grandkids (and Jenny and Matt). So...so much to look forward to. I just got off the phone with Jenny and they were out in the back yard. Jake had a friend from next door over playing. That makes me happy. Ellie is taking steps only holding onto one finger. (These are the things I do miss seeing!) Maybe the webcam will come into action here - what do you think? And again...thank goodness for that precious webcam.
- Anne

No comments: