Monday, August 17, 2009

A phone is better than nothing

Hi. Boy...the roller coaster ride of this webcam until Matt and Jenny's internet is stable is not fun. We thought it was working yesterday right before Jake's nap, so I was going to read him the Firefighter book. But it went down. So I read it over the phone - it was okay, but definitely not the best. I was amazed at his attention span, though. He's only 3 1/2 years old. After that we talked a bit about his new friend, his backyard, riding his bike on the sidewalk, how rain and thunder are so cozy, and all the beautiful, small things that are important to a little guy. Then Jake said "I've got to go now. I'm kind of tired of talking on the phone." Don't you just love a child's honesty? Why can't we say that when we are tired of talking on the phone? We kind of do, but not that honestly. Lesson I learned today from Jake: Try to be honest. Have a wonderful Monday!
- Anne

No comments: