Wednesday, August 19, 2009

I read a book

Hi. I just finished a short book on long-distance grandparenting. It wasn't very good. Maybe a couple of ideas... One was to take each grandchild on a trip when they're about 10 years old or so. Just focus on that child. That's a nice idea. But I can't wait 7 years until Jack is 10...I need to keep in touch now! Another idea was to send hand-written letters they can treasure over the years. I like that, too. That's about it. Somebody needs to write a better book. It was from 2008 and had a tiny mention of webcams. Maybe the author wasn't too technological? I know webcams aren't the end-all-be-all, but with this opportunity for actually seeing each other there has to be creative ways to use it. Well...I hate to be critical of the book, but there has to be some of you out there with better ideas!
- Anne
P.S. Still haven't had the opportunity to do the webcam this week. Soon, I hope.

No comments: